Brownies. I have posted about them on various occasions and now I have found the perfect recipe (thanks Billingtons!) I love to use it as a base and add other flavours to them.
I brought these into work for my colleagues to try and the resulting feedback was requests for the recipe and a need to lie down for a bit. They are extremely fudgy and indulgent but to me that is what defines the perfect brownie.
I also opted to ice these for a change, usually I never ice a brownie but it just adds that extra level of indulgence and richness.
Chocolate Fudge Raspberry Brownies
350g dark chocolate
200g unsalted butter
250g soft dark brown sugar
50g SR flour
Small 20g bag of dried raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan).
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl until doubled in volume.
- Once the chocolate and butter has melted pour over the egg mix and fold in gently.
- Sift in the flour, add the raspberries and fold gently until well combined.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30mins
- Leave in the tin for 10mins before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
3 tbsp milk
5 square of chocolate
100g icing sugar (sifted!)
Freeze dried raspberries to decorate
- Add the butter, chocolate and milk to a bowl and place in the microwave on 30second bursts until it has all melted.
- Sift in the icing sugar and give it a good beating with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Once the brownies are cool, cut into 12 equal pieces, spoon over the icing, sprinkle with the raspberries and enjoy!